This publish might include associate hyperlinks. Please learn my disclosure coverage.
This contemporary strawberry spinach salad recipe is tossed with creamy avocado, toasted almonds, your number of cheese and a honey-sweetened poppyseed dressing.
Ceaselessly and all the time one among my favourite salads to make this time of 12 months. ♡
I first shared this strawberry spinach salad recipe right here on Gimme Some Oven just about a decade in the past, but it surely’s a type of classics that I’m positive I will be able to be making for many years and many years to come back. Made with a lot of contemporary strawberries, delicate child spinach, creamy avocado, toasted almonds, paper-thin crimson onions, crumbled blue cheese (or goat or feta), and my favourite lightly-sweetened honey poppyseed dressing, this salad is all the time the primary recipe I wish to make each and every spring when juicy ripe crimson strawberries come again in season. And it all the time tastes like such a deal with.
Be at liberty, after all, to sub on your most popular more or less vegetables, nuts (or seeds), and cheese. And if you wish to upload in some protein, grilled rooster, shrimp or bacon are all the time scrumptious choices.
So take hold of a pint of the ripe strawberries whilst they’re in season, and let’s make this beautiful salad in combination!
Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad Recipe | 1-Minute Video
Strawberry Salad and Poppyseed Dressing Elements
Earlier than we get to the entire recipe under, listed here are a couple of notes concerning the elements it is important to make this strawberry salad recipe and poppyseed dressing…
- Vegetables: I normally use child spinach or a spring inexperienced combine for this strawberry salad, however be happy to make use of no matter salad vegetables you’re keen on best possible.
- Strawberries: Search for contemporary strawberries which can be as ripe as imaginable.
- Avocado: Sliced or diced avocado upload a scrumptious further little bit of creaminess to this salad.
- Crumbled cheese: We’re a fan of the use of crumbled blue cheese or goat cheese on this salad, however feta or burrata could be scrumptious choices too.
- Sliced almonds: Without a doubt counsel evenly toasting the almonds prior to including them to the salad, to deliver out their best possible taste.
- Crimson onion: I like to recommend chopping the onion paper-thin. Should you choose a milder onion taste, simply rinse the sliced onion in brief in chilly water prior to including it to the salad.
- Poppyseed dressing: My favourite poppyseed dressing recipe is made merely with avocado oil (or olive oil), crimson wine vinegar, honey, poppy seeds, Dijon, salt and pepper.
Listed below are a couple of concepts for various tactics to customise this strawberry salad in the event you’d like…
- Use other fruit: This salad additionally tastes superb the use of contemporary blueberries, cherries, peaches, pears or pomegranate arils rather than (or combined with) the strawberries.
- Use other nuts/seeds: Pistachios, walnuts, pecans (or candied pecans), pepitas or sunflower seeds would all be scrumptious choices to almonds.
- Upload fennel: I additionally love including some super-thinly sliced fennel to this salad.
- Make it vegan: Use your favourite vegan cheese or put out of your mind the cheese solely to make this a vegan strawberry salad.
Extra Inexperienced Salad Recipes
Searching for extra fruit-forward inexperienced salad recipes to take a look at? Listed below are a couple of of my faves!
This scrumptious Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad is fast and simple to make, stuffed with nice contemporary flavors, and tossed with a easy poppyseed dressing.
- 6 cups contemporary child spinach
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- four oz crumbled blue cheese (or goat cheese or feta)
- third cup sliced almonds, toasted
- part a small crimson onion, thinly sliced
Poppyseed Dressing Elements:
- third cup avocado oil (or olive oil)
- three tablespoons crimson wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- tremendous sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- Make the dressing. Whisk all elements in combination vigorously in a small bowl (or shake in a coated jar) till emulsified. Style and season with a pinch of salt and a couple of twists of pepper, as wanted.
- Toss the salad. Mix the entire salad elements in a big bowl. Drizzle frivolously with the dressing then gently toss till mixed.
- Serve. Serve right away and revel in!