You’ll by no means leave out the beef in those hearty and pleasing Portobello Mushroom and Spinach Subs. They’re a scrumptious weeknight dinner and ready in simply 30 mins from begin to end!
In case you’re a mushroom lover, you’re going to need to eat this savory sandwich. The marinade is a zesty and flavorful mixture of crimson wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, highly spiced mustard, garlic, and olive oil. HEAVENLY.
- Portobello mushrooms – cleaned and particles got rid of with a moist towel, then reduce into about 2-inch items.
- Pink onion – thinly sliced
- Child spinach – kind of chopped
- Highly spiced mustard
- Olive oil
- Pink wine vinegar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and black pepper
- French baguette loaf – you’ll additionally use toasted bread, hamburger buns or sub rolls instead of the baguette… I like the feel of the crunchy baguette.
- Shredded mozzarella – finely shredded Parmesan could be scrumptious, as smartly!
The way to Get ready
Following is a temporary review of find out how to get ready – please see the recipe card on the backside for complete detailed directions and element quantities.
- Slice a loaf baguette calmly into 4 slices, then slice vertically around the tops. Hole each and every slice out, pulling out lots of the bread inside of. Put aside.
- Whisk in combination crimson wine vinegar, Worcestershire, mustard, garlic and olive oil in a medium bowl.
- Position mushrooms and crimson onion slices in a big baking dish and pour the marinade over. Stir or toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Switch mushroom aggregate (at the side of the marinade) to a big skillet over medium excessive warmth. Prepare dinner for 5 to 6 mins, or till mushrooms are soft.
- Switch mushrooms and onions (with their marinade) again into the baking dish. Upload spinach and stir smartly to mix, coating the spinach as calmly as conceivable. The spinach will wilt whilst your baguette is heating.
- Bake baguette slices on a baking sheet in a preheated oven for 5 mins, or till warmed thru. Moderately stuff each and every baguette piece with mushroom aggregate and best with mozzarella.
Extra Scrumptious Mushroom Inspiration
Portobello Mushroom and Spinach Subs
You can by no means leave out the beef in those hearty and savory subs ready in 30 mins!
Servings: 4 subs
- 1 loaf baguette about 7 oz.
- ¼ cup crimson wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons highly spiced mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced contemporary garlic
- ½ cup further virgin olive oil
- 2 (6 ounce) applications portobello mushrooms cleaned and particles got rid of with a moist towel, then reduce into about 2 inch items
- ½ cup thinly sliced crimson onion
- ¼ teaspoon salt roughly, to style
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper roughly, to style
- 1 (five ounce) package deal child spinach kind of chopped
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese roughly, to style
Preheat your oven to 350 levels F. Slice baguette calmly into Four slices. Slice vertically throughout each and every best and hole each and every slice out, pulling out the bread inside of. Put aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk crimson wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic and olive oil.
Position mushrooms and crimson onion slices in a big baking dish and pour marinade over. Stir and/or toss to coat mushrooms and crimson onions calmly. Season with salt and pepper and put aside.
Switch mushrooms and crimson onions of their marinade to a big skillet over medium-high warmth (stay baking dish to switch mushroom/onion aggregate again into). Prepare dinner over medium-high warmth for five to six mins, stirring continuously, or till mushrooms are soft.
Switch mushrooms and onions again into marinade dish. Upload contemporary chopped spinach and stir smartly to mix and coat spinach as calmly as conceivable. Spinach will wilt whilst your baguette is heating.
Position baguette slices onto a baking sheet and bake for roughly five mins. Take away from oven and moderately stuff each and every baguette piece with aggregate and best with shredded cheese. Serve instantly.
Energy: 499kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 12g | Fats: 33g | Saturated Fats: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 4g | Monounsaturated Fats: 21g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 782mg | Potassium: 676mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Nutrition A: 3428IU | Nutrition C: 13mg | Calcium: 176mg | Iron: 4mg
If supplied, dietary data is a courtesy, isn’t assured and must most effective be thought to be as a guiding principle.
At the beginning revealed January 2012. Up to date with new textual content, new photographs and recipe quite revised January 2022.
Tailored from Meals Community