Roasted Cauliflower with Crimson Peppers, Inexperienced Olives, and Pine Nuts is highest when you want a unique cauliflower facet dish! And it’s purple and inexperienced so you must even serve this for a low-carb vacation meal!
My love for roasted cauliflower is beautiful neatly documented at the weblog, and Roasted Cauliflower with Crimson Peppers, Inexperienced Olives, and Pine Nuts has such a lot of nice flavors. And the colours on this recipe are so superbly purple and inexperienced, so I feel it’s completely nice for a vacation facet dish and I’m that includes it for my Friday Favorites put up this week!
And with the colours and all of the flavors happening right here from purple bell peppers, inexperienced olives, pine nuts, and capers, that is cauliflower at its greatest; I promise somebody who loves roasted cauliflower will love this kicked-up model much more. After all, PINE NUTS! Don’t you settle they make the whole thing higher?
What components do you want for this recipe?
- purple bell pepper
- Olive Oil (associate hyperlink)
- salt and brand new floor black pepper to style
- pine nuts
- sliced inexperienced olives
- Capers (associate hyperlink)
- flat-leaf parsley (non-compulsory, but it surely provides some great inexperienced colour)
- lemon items to squeeze over (non-compulsory, however so excellent)
What for those who don’t have pine nuts?
I like pine nuts such a lot I purchase them at Costco in luggage and stay them within the freezer! However for those who don’t have pine nuts and don’t need to purchase them I’d use slivered almonds or pistachios on this dish, or simply omit the nuts.
What for those who’re no longer keen on inexperienced olives?
In case you don’t like inexperienced olives you’ll be able to undoubtedly go away them out. I’d use double the volume of capers for those who’re no longer the use of inexperienced olives.
The way to make Roasted Cauliflower with Crimson Peppers, Inexperienced Olives, and Pine Nuts:
(Scroll down for entire recipe with dietary knowledge.)
- Lower up the cauliflower and purple bell pepper into bite-sized items and toss with olive oil, salt, and fresh-ground pepper.
- Unfold it out on a roasting pan and roast at 425F/220C for 20 mins.
- Whilst cauliflower roasts get ready different components.
- After 20 mins roasting time, toss the partially-roasted greens with the sliced olives, pine nuts, and capers.
- Unfold out on baking sheet once more, and roast 10-15 mins extra, or till the greens are getting effectively browned at the edges.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley in case you have some and serve sizzling, with lemon to squeeze on on the desk if desired. (I extremely counsel the added lemon!)
Extra Vacation-Worthy Cauliflower:
- 1 head cauliflower, minimize up into smallish, same-size items
- 1 purple bell pepper, stem and seeds minimize out and minimize into half inch cube
- 2 T olive oil
- salt and brand new floor black pepper to style
- three T pine nuts, or extra (see notes)
- 2/three cup sliced inexperienced olives
- 2 T capers
- 2 T chopped flat-leaf parsley (non-compulsory, but it surely provides some great inexperienced colour)
- minimize lemon items to squeeze over (non-compulsory, however so excellent)
- Preheat oven to 425F/220C.
- Lower the cauliflower into smallish, same-size items and minimize the purple bell pepper into part inch cube.
- Put chopped cauliflower and peppers right into a plastic bowl and toss with 2 T olive oil, stirring so the greens are all frivolously lined with oil. Season to style with salt and brand new floor black pepper and stir once more.
- Unfold the greens out in one layer on a cookie sheet and roast for 20 mins.
- Whilst the cauliflower and peppers are roasting, slice the olives and measure out the pine nuts and capers. Chop the parsley if the use of.
- After 20 mins, take away cookie sheet from the oven, put the cauliflower and peppers again into the similar bowl, and toss with the olives, pine nuts, and capers.
- Unfold the combination directly to the cookie sheet once more and roast an extra 10-15 mins, or till the greens are beginning to brown and the olive items are taking a look somewhat cooked.
- Sprinkle with parsley in case you are the use of it and serve sizzling, with a slice of lemon to squeeze over if desired.
- If you do not devour this it is going to stay within the fridge for an afternoon or two. I’d reheat it in a extremely popular dry non-stick pan as a substitute of the use of a microwave.
Quantity In keeping with Serving:
Energy: 138General Fats: 12gSaturated Fats: 1gUnsaturated Fats: 9gLdl cholesterol: 0mgSodium: 574mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g
Vitamin knowledge is routinely calculated through the Recipe Plug-In I’m the use of. It’s not that i am a nutritionist and can not ensure 100% accuracy, since many variables impact the ones calculations.
Low-Carb Nutrition / Low-Glycemic Nutrition / South Seashore Nutrition Ideas:
The entirety on this festive roasted cauliflower recipe is a low-carb factor, and that is appropriate for low-carb, Keto, Paleo, Complete 30, dairy-free, or vegan diets in addition to any section of the unique South Seashore Nutrition.
In finding Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Facet Dishes to seek out extra recipes like this one. Use the Nutrition Sort Index to seek out recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may also love to Practice Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to peer all of the excellent recipes I’m sharing there.
Ancient Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was once first posted in 2011. It was once up to date with higher pictures in 2015 and was once remaining up to date with additional info in 2021.
We’re a player within the Amazon Services and products LLC Buddies Program, an associate promoting program designed to supply a method for us to earn charges through linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.